Autumn

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boulder & Maternity Jeans

We decided to use our long weekend to take a quick trip up to Boulder.  I surprised Mike and told him the night before we left.  I knew he would be so excited - he really was aching to get up there and snow board.  Katie and I literally decided to take the trip the day before we left.  It worked out that our wonderful "Aunt Jannie" let us stay in her amazing house in Boulder.  So we packed up and left Friday afternoon (long 9 hour drive!) and the boys were able to hit the slopes in Vail all day Saturday.  Katie and I ate and shopped and napped.  It was marvelous! On Sunday we all enjoyed bumming around town together.  It was a fun, spontaneous getaway.  I know I won't be able to do much of that in the near future so I'm glad we got to do it!
While we were shopping Katie and I decided it was time for me to get maternity jeans.  Probably because my old jeans which I have been trying to fit into for the last couple weeks were becoming really uncomfortable and I was now no longer able to get the zipper up.  I was walking around with unzipped, unbuttoned jeans and wearing a long shirt to cover it up.  It. was. time.  So, we headed off to the mall and found a Gap maternity.  I tried on a couple pairs and found that I really liked the ones that had the elastic waistband that had a lot of give.  I liked them so much that there was no way I was going to be putting my old jeans back on.  I went to the check out wearing the new pair and it was pretty hilarious when I had to lift my leg up onto the counter so they could remove the security device that was down by my ankle.  The customers in line sure got a kick out of it.  Mission accomplished!
Today is a snowy day, we got about 8 inches last night.  It took me almost 2 hours to drive the 20 minute commute home from work last night. Ugh! I can't imagine how long it would've taken me to get to Lawrence so I should feel thankful.  I am working from home today, which is a huge convenience of my new job.
5 more days until our next sono! I can't WAIT to find out!!
Pub crawling on Pearl St...with water for Annie.
Thats a NICE boulder.
Best meal ever..minus the fact that I couldn't eat oysters.
Aunt Katie givin love to Baby W.


No comments:

Post a Comment