Autumn

Friday, November 5, 2010

The News!

It was just about a week ago that we got the best news of our lives - we are EXPECTING (yes, a baby, a teeny tiny little baby)!! In fact, right now it is no bigger than a couple of centimeters.  It’s pretty hard to believe that a few centimeters are causing my body to react in some crazy ways!  Right now we are keeping this exciting news to ourselves and our immediate family….so, I completely realize that no one is reading this blog J  I just thought it would be nice to use this like a journal for me so that I don’t forget these early weeks. 
We have a pretty non-traditional story of how we “found out”.  I always thought I would be in my own bathroom after having peed on a stick and we would see those magical words Pregnant appear with my elated husband standing right next to me.  And we would cry together (well, I would cry) and relish the moment as a couple.  Not. So. Much….
I had gone 46…46!!...days without my monthly visitor and no sign of a positive home test.  My doctor told me that by then something should definitely be showing up if you are pregnant.  I questioned this, because with all my heart I wanted to be pregnant, but the results didn’t lie.   So, after a couple more weeks of confusing symptoms I contacted my doctor again and this time she said why don’t you come in for some testing.  They were thinking my thyroid could be causing problems or possibly I was under a lot of stress so my normal cycle was wacked out (which I did just start a new job and move into a new house…so this could be possible…but I didn’t feel  stressed). 
On Wednesday, Oct. 27th, with much anxiety about “what is wrong with me” I went to the doctor for an ultrasound.  They were using this method to dectect potential problems.  As I lay there in the dark getting my first ultrasound the fun began!  First the technician saw nothing, and then…WAIT…that little bitty black dot right there….that COULD be a gestational sac (a WHAT??)…but don’t get excited…I could be wrong.  What? A sac? Don’t get excited? And I try to act really calm but am freaking out.  Then before I knew it I was in a room with the doctor and she was saying I should take a pregnancy test…okay! After waiting 5 excruciating long minutes I was able to take the test and guess what? Yep, there in the doctor’s office it was POSITIVE!  Yay, tears, excitement! I couldn’t wait to give the good news to Mike but first I had to go get a blood test to see where my HGC levels were – this would give us a better indication of how old the baby was.  Of course the blood testing was in an entirely different building and I had to wait behind the slowest person in the world before I could get my blood drawn.  Finally with a prick in my arm and a picture of the ultrasound in my hand I hopped in the car to rush home and tell Mike.  My radio station was set on KLOVE (our local Christian music station).  I had been praying on the way to the doctor that we would get good news – boy did we!  As I turned on the car they were in the chorus of “Indescribable” by Chris Tomlin, this brought me to tears! It was true and amazing and perfect.  God works in wonderous ways and we are so very blessed.  

1 comment:

  1. But I am reading it :) AND I LOVE IT!! So happy for you two. I can't wait to have my little niece or nephew, I already love baby Wedman so much.

    ReplyDelete